What should I do if my home is flooded?
Don't take a flooded home as a lighthearted matter. You should be very serious in your attempts to enter your home after it has been flooded. Keep these in mind after a flood damage in the Lincoln area.
- Disconnect all the Electronics - these can start fires if left on
- Move anything not Bolted to the Ground - furniture and tables should be moved out
- Have a Restoration Company Remove the Water - extraction of water helps with the drying process
- Get Rid of Moisture in the Affected Area - dehumidification will keep the mold from growing.
- Disinfect the House - part of the cleaning process is to disinfect the house before rebuilding.
- Dispose of Waste Responsibly - tearing out items from the home is naturally the case. Remember to take into consideration items with asbestos or you could be fined for disposing them incorrectly