Mold Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Mold Removal FAQ
It is well known that mold and the process of mold removal can be dangerous. However, not many people are knowledgeable about the issue. Mold does not spontaneously develop; it is caused by other problems in homes, such as high humidity levels or excess water.
Additionally, only a physician has the qualifications to determine if someone's health is at risk. People have different tolerance levels, though certain people are at higher risk. The following are a few FAQs with potentially helpful answers.
Is it Necessary to Test My Home for Mold?
You can determine your need for mold removal using different factors, such as visible mold, musty odors, and health issues with inexplicable symptoms. If any of these are observed, a Certified Indoor Environmentalist or Industrial Hygienist should be contacted for testing. You can visit www.iaqa.org or use the search engine of your choice to find a local Indoor Air Quality expert.
Is there a spray that I can use to kill mold myself?
As earlier stated, there are particular conditions that foster mold growth; if these are not remediated, mold will keep growing or reappear. There are topical sprays that are capable of helping to eradicate mold, but an untrained individual should not use them without the appropriate training and equipment. Some contractors will use spray; as long as they have the training to know that it will be effective and permanent, this should work. However, spray can leave stains that will be indicative of a past mold problem, which could make it difficult to sell the home if you plan to do so.